Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My Ford Taurus SHO 1991 after repair the air conditioning,

Customer Question

My Ford Taurus SHO 1991 after repair the air conditioning, started with problems
when it passed in passenger-side holes, the panel light "check engine"
flashed with brief failure.
Today trying to find the problem in a gas station, I saw it was the cable below
the air conditioning connection to battery when swung, I tried to adjust various
times.
Now the fuel pump does not respond.
What can it be?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Before you do anything else can you take your 12 volt test light and or a volt meter and check and see if you have key on cranking power in and out of the inertia switch. The Inertia Switch is inside the front of the left rear quarter panel. Check this for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Hellon Ron,

I tested with the voltmeter in the inertia switch and is with 12V signal.

With hammer beats used the reset and yet the fuel pump does not respond.

Thank You

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay so you have power in and out of the inertia switch while cranking the engine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Yes, I tested this way and the voltage is ok.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay now you need to move under the car to the fuel pump connector and check the same voltage on the pink/black power wire out of the inertia switch to the pump. If you find key on engine cranking power to it and the pump still dose not run the that means the fuel pump has failed.