Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

93 ford escort wagon, with about 7 amp drain. disconnected

Customer Question

93 ford escort wagon , with about 7 amp drain . disconnected all the wires in and out of fuse block , no drain . no matter which wire we re-plug it starts drain ??? circuit board in fuse block ? John
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

If the power drain is on every single circuit, then yes, it is the fuse board in the fuse block. It is grounding inside of it and creating the loop, draw that you are having.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can't find a source for fuse block ?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

What do you mean you can;t fins a source for the fuse block? You can't find the source in it that is causing the issue or you can't find the part? If it is for the part, they are sometimes called the GEM module aka Generic Electrical Module. Also they can be a Power Distribution Center. Parts people like to use various different names as well as Ford.

On your fuse block, you have that board in there. Do this right quick. On any fuse, on the ground out, run a wire from the ground pin on the battery or a bolt nearby and see if you still have the draw. This will help determine that the board is very much at fault for you have no circuit on it, you are just closing the loop.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have to try in AM. Thanks
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

Let me know in the AM or whenever you can. Thanks!

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jeremy , waiting on OEM to come from NY , hopefully have it weds/thurs and plug it in . Fingers crossed .I 'll let you know thanks John
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

New OEM fuse block?

With it removed, I take it the amp draw stopped?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

It is appearing to be the actual fuse box then...

Let me know when you get it and it is installed. I would just plug it in and not put the fuses in, unless it comes with fuses. Some do, some don't. Ford is weird like that...

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Jeremy , still waiting on GEM, To come. Wasn't leaving N.Y. Until yesterday ( Friday )Will let you kmow. Thanks John
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

That is an auto reply. Just let me know when you can.

Thanks.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.