Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My children are traveling home and stuck in Kansas because

Customer Question

My children are traveling home and stuck in Kansas because the wrench light came on. What is a cheap quick fix?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The wrench light comes on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code. In order to know what is failing you are going need to have them start with having the computer system scanned to see what the fault code and or codes is that setting. Most auto parts stores will run a scan for you are no charge. Can you have them stop by a local auto part store and get the scan done and post back with the results and I can advise you from there.

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back with you to see if you where able to get the computer system scanned and if so what where the fault code and or codes you retrieved. Let me know and we can finish this up for you.