Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

My name is ***** ***** and I own a 2006 F-150 Ranch. I have

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** and I own a 2006 F-150 King Ranch. I have been having intermittent problems with my power windows and now all of them have totally stopped working. I can't use any of the methods that I have used to trick them into working prior to this latest event. I feel pretty strongly that I just need to break down and have the windows serviced , but it's the middle of duck season and I need my truck. Would it make any sense to replace the main 30 amp circuit breaker to see if that will enable me to get by until February ? Windows are all up and there is no motor sound or light dimming when then the power switch is depressed. Thanks for your time !
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The front passenger window stopped working completely several months ago, no biggie, my dog rides shotgun. I then started having intermittent no-goes with the two back windows...the issue with the back windows seemed to resolve itself. Just recently, the driver's side front window started to act as though it was in a bind and not roll all the way down each time, at other times it would perform flawlessly. I did have to engage the switch up first and toggle it down to make the window roll down. Again, constant pressure on the switch as if rolling the window up, then simultaneously toggling switch down to roll down window. Sometimes opening and closing the driver side door enabled me to roll down the window. That doesn't work anymore, none of the windows will budge, no motor sound, no light dimming, no more fresh air!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: It's dark outside...I can't legally hunt birds until 6:25 in the morning. Sounds like I can wait a bit !
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Generally with the issues you have it turns out to be broken wiring in the drivers door jamb. Open the door and you will see a rubber boot where the wiring runs from the door into the cab. If you pull this boot back you can see the wiring. Inspect it for physical damage.. you will likely see it. Then fix whatever is damaged. If you dont see any damage you will need a multimeter to do some testing but I would bet its in the door jamb with the order of events.