Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2004 Ford crewcab makes a kinda grinding noiseevery once

Customer Question

Customer: My 2004 Ford crewcab makes a kinda grinding noiseevery once in a great while and the battery light comes on.I had it at Firestone and they put a new battery in and altenator, Then a new belt and idler pulley and it still does it. What could this be?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: That's about all I can tell you. The motor has a light ticking noise since it was new and Ford garage said don't worry about it unless you lose power, Then it would have to be fixed, Could this have something to do with it?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  SuperBob replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** your truck happen to be a F-150?

could you tell us a little more about when this noise happens, like driving in gear? If so, what conditions: accelerating, coasting, decelerating? Does it only happen in neutral, while idling or off idle? Is the engine cold or at operating temp? or both?