Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

What could be wrong with a 2004 ford explore when you can

Customer Question

What could be wrong with a 2004 ford explore when you can have to take out starter relay an d put a jump wire to make it crank
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you are jumping battery power from the relay terminal to the starter output terminal to make the vehicle crank this can indicate the starter relay itself is at fault needing replaced or that there is a fault with the electronic ignition switch itself.I have seen both fail before and cause this issue here.The start circuit will need tested further to verify which of these is the cause here and once located replaced.

You can obtain and try a starter relay if you want to see if this corrects this issue here.If this does not work then the start circuit needs tested further to see if this is the electronic ignition switch at fault needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete