James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo Diesel Dually Truck, I

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo Diesel Dually Truck, I purchased it with 60k miles on it. Continued with the Factory Ford Maintenance every time it was scheduled (30,60,90...)Plus a 10000 mile over haul. My Truck now has 240k. My camper is a 5th wheel camper. Just last month, I was pulling it up to Asheville, NC and I was going up a 45 degree grade and noticed my my Engine light came on. The light went off as soon as it came on (blinked). I carried my Truck to the Ford Dealership in NC, the next day and had the Mechanics to scan the codes and the code was a HPOP. This is the only part that has not been changed out. Do I need to changed out this part? I take care of my Truck and will be the only Truck till I pass. I need to know what I need to keep my Truck running for many years to come. I was told by many Techs that a Ford Diesel will run for 1 million miles with proper maintenance. This is what I'm doing now is proper maintenance by the Ford Dearship.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you have the exact code number they gave you. It sounds like you are doing everything needed. Eventually you will need to change injector o rings and injector cups. That is the next big thing you will need. Other than that just keep maintaining your vehicle and you shouldn't have any issues.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

I forgot to mention I would always flush the cooling system at 30k mile intervals. This will ensure longevity of the engine as well. If you have more questions please let me know. Also please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, did you decide to buy the vehicle?