Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Where can I find a true ignition or accessory wire to hook

Customer Question

Where can I find a true ignition or accessory wire to hook up headrest dvds to on a 2016 F150 that has the start/stop feature. Currently can not find a wire that is not affected by this feature when its on and the headrest turn off when vehicle stops.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Being a 2016 model the diagram info on this model is difficult to obtain.Usually only a dealer will have the most accurate diagrams on this model and year here being new like this.I suspect there will be an ignition fed wire off of the ignition switch or an ignition relay that may be used possibly.If you can I would speak with a dealer to see if they can tell you for sure what wire is best to tie into or where you can run a new wire for this.If this is not an option for you or you have already tried this let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm an expediter for dealerships. I'm not even going to ask them for help. The only thing they would be able to do is send a request to Ford. They either have no idea or are unwilling to help. That's why I came here. I could test wires for a week and not find what's needed because I would have to take the truck for a drive on every wire that showed ignition or accessory. Apparently everything is controlled by the BCM (nothing new there). But this start/stop thing is stupid.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think by the lack of responses, kinda got my answer.LOL
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I apologize as this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand.Thank you!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Would you like me to try and help?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.