Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

My anti theft light is flashing on my dash of my 2010 F150,

Customer Question

Customer: My anti theft light is flashing on my dash of my 2010 F150, I do not have my spare key with me and the truck will not start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I drove the truck with the key I have, now the truck will not start can I de activate the anti theft system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Unfortunately if there was any easy or cheap way to bypass the security system it would be worthless. The engineers have thought of pretty much everything by now with the security systems and they are pretty well designed. You WILL NOT get the truck to run without figuring out and correcting the issue which is going to require a good scan tool and most likely a new key. When you get it fixed I recommend getting two new keys so you have a spare if you have any issues in the future.

Sorry for the bad news but there is just no way around it.

Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks and good luck with it.