Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Carpenter in NJ here: 1998 Contour Stuck
, in park.

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Carpenter in NJ here: 1998 Contour Stuck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: in park. Tried using a screw driver to disengage the shft interlock. Brake lights come on O.K. Any other ideas?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Are you stuck just needing to get it home or are you at home and have time and tools to work on it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, the car is in the garage, and I have tools.

Below are links on how to remove the shifter to access the shift lock solenoid.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/shiftlock.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/shifter.pdf

Verify the solenoid has power on the violet/white wire with the key on from fuse 23.

With the brake pressed make sure the black/white wire is grounded and the solenoid moves. The instrument interface module sends this ground signal.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.