Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 ford expedition that has been running fine but

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 2003 ford expedition that has been running fine but would not crank today. everything powers up and i get a mess that says prndl error no back up aid in hte mess\ge centre. there are no codes stored in memory and I tried starting it in neutral and nothing. I also have this wierd buzzing noise under the dash that I've never heard before. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Theres really nothign more \i can tell you at this time. I checked the battery terminals to see if they were loose but nothing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: i don't have a choice at this point so yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Do the headlights work?

What is the battery voltage?

With the starter relay removed is there one power pin then another power pin when trying to start?