HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Howes, I have a 2003 Ford F150 that has had an intermittent

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Howes, I have a 2003 Ford F150 that has had an intermittent problem with the Theft light flashing, odometer dashes displaying and engine won't start. In the past, cycling the key has allowed the engine to start. As of this morning it will not "reset" and engine will not start. I have read your advice to replace the PCM power relay and wondering if this is the same relay as the other three similar sized relays in the same location in the under hood fuse box?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, whenever I try to start the truck and see the "theft" light flashing and the odometer reading show ---------, the engine will not start. sometimes cycling the ignition switch will cause the odometer reading to display correctly and the engine will start.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, no this is most likely an issue with a bad instrument cluster. WHen it displays dashes, it is not online with the other modules in the vehicle. Sometimes you can bang on the dash and the cluster will start working, if this is the case, the cluster needs to be replaced and reprogrammed and 2 pats ignition keys are needed to reprogram to the vehicle for it to run. Some locksmiths offer this service at your site so you dont have to tow the vehicle, otherwise it will need to go to a dealer to be replaced and reprogrammed

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern??