Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2011 6.2 L Ford F-150 we have almost 70,000 miles.

Customer Question

I have a 2011 6.2 L Ford F-150 we have almost 70,000 miles. I changed the oil this morning and used 7 qts. Of Full synthetic 5W20 mobil 1 with a new mobil 1 extended oil filter.
The oil level is within the punch marks on the dipstick and the oil filter is on properly. I also checked to ensure the drain plug and the oil cap was secured very well.
So here is what happened after I change the oil.
- When I cranked it for the first time it immediately died three times prior to cranking up and idling properly. Initially I did not think anything of it.
- 20 minutes later My wife drove the truck up to the store about a half a mile away without experiencing any issues.
- about 20 minutes after that, I got in the truck to go somewhere and drove approximately 300 yards to the stop sign remembering that I had forgot something at the house. It drove fine during that time.
- Once back in the truck to leave again, it did not act right and the low oil pressure light came on. It would hardly Idle and cut off several times and I could not keep the truck on, having to re-crank it at least six times before I could get it to stay on - at this point, they low oil pressure light/warning had gone off. When applying gas, it did not respond and when it does it hesitates very much, not allowing the RPMs above 2000.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Wayne Crawford replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

Was the oil pressure light on while it was running or after it died?>