Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2011 Ford Focus RKE not working The car does not go into

Customer Question

Customer: 2011 Ford Focus RKE not working The car does not go into program mode on the 8th turn of the ignition switch
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have bought and sold many for focus of the years and never had this problem. The door locks work as they should with the button on the door panel. When I try to program a RKE the car does not go into program mode.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Possible causes for this:

Dead RKE transmitter battery

Faulty transmitter

The SJB is bad

The car is not setup for the RKE feature.

Do any remotes work and or have any worked on this vehicle in the past?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris