Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2013 F150 4x4 5.0 This truck is a rebuit title that I'm

Customer Question

2013 F150 4x4 5.0
This truck is a rebuit title that I'm repairing.I changed the main control unit in the transmission, changed the clock spring and the Electronic Power Steering unit.The truck shudders when accelerating from 0-5 mph. It only does it if the wheel is turned. If the wheel is straight, it won't do it.Codes C1278 and P0a5a keep appearing. Service Traction Control message keeps appearing as well.Does the Main Control, Clock Spring or Electronic power steering need flashed after install?Any other ideas.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

The shuddering if it feels like a vibration and its hard to tell if its the front axle or rear axle doing it. It is likely the rear axle limited slip clutches grabbing to much. Try servicing the axle oil and use friction modifier. Do you still need help on the other concerns or were you thinking they were causing this?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would be causing the error codes?Truck has 8200 miles, why would the rear end need serviced already.

why would the rear end need serviced already. Why is it a rebuilt title?

1278 means the steering angle sensor reading is not correct. When you did the repairs did you use a scan tool to calibrate these sensors?

05A5A means the PCM is not getting a charge reading from the alternator/generator.