Fix It Man
Fix It Man, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel
1627031

My name is ***** *****. And, I am having a problem with my

Customer Question

Customer: Hello, My name is ***** *****. And, I am having a problem with my 2002 Ford Ranger. It is a 2wd, XLT and it has a 3.0 V6 flex motor. The problem is that the daytime running lamps are not working. The headlights, brake lights and dome light work. But the the instrument and tail lights are not I have replaced the light switch, several fuses and the trailer relay. Any suggestions?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have heard about this problem occurring on Rangers before. Why does the instrument cluster and DRL lights fail at the same time?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Did the instrument lights, tail lights, and running lights all stop working at the same time? Do you have a voltage meter to run some tests?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Bobby, The lights did fail at the same time. And, I do have a voltage meter. What would you like me to test. And, do you know where the DRL Module is located on my truck? I heard that DRL module failure can cause this to happen. Thanks for getting back to me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bobby, I was able to fix the problem. I recently had a new car stereo installed. And, the orange wire was grounding out. But once again, thanks for getting back to me. And in a few weeks, I have to do some repainting on my truck. I am not very good at that. So, I will contact you when I begin the project. Hope you had a good weekend. John
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for getting back with me John. I am sorry I was unable to get online earlier, but I a, glad that you got it fixed. Please let me know when anything else comes up and I would be happy to help. Have a great new year.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Bobby, You have a great new year too.
Expert:  Fix It Man replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.