HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

We are up in the mountains... Far far from a ford dealer...

Customer Question

Hi... We are up in the mountains... Far far from a ford dealer... The battery died in the snow. The integrated key has not worked in forever. Is there a way to get my car going without having to tow it from this remote location?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, you have an IA Key? Will it start with a jump and placing the key in the default slot, is this how you were starting the vehicle?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have a key, it just doesn't work to unlock or lock the car, even tho we changed the battery in the key. We jumped the car earlier in the week and it started just fine. This morning it wouldn't start and we think we activated the PATs thing... They're going to charge us $700 to tow it... Which sucks because standing here with my key in my hand. There has to be something we can do
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Do you have more than one key? This is not a push to start button ignition? If you jump the battery and turn the key to on does the theft lamp blink fast?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We only have one key. When the car is jumped and turned the key is turned it doesn't blink. The lock light thing turns on, stays lit, then turns off.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We also have power to everything
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Ok so then it isnt an issue with the antitheft key or it would blink fast. If it wont crank it is most likely an issue with the starter itself or circuit. You can try going underneath the vehicle with the key on and in park and jump across the starter and see if the starter will engage by jumping across the main battery cable feed and the smaller ignition feed wire, if the starter is good it will crank and the engine should run. Need to address the dying battery issue if it is a weak battery or issue wth the charging system

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?