Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ron. I have a 2009 Ford Flex with auto climate control. The

Customer Question

Hi Ron. I have a 2009 Ford Flex with auto climate control. The passenger side temperature output does not respond to a change in the temp setting. I've cycled the temp setting up and down and changed from auto to manual and tried different outputs (feet, face defog). From what I've read the most likely culprit is the passenger blend air damper. However, a few weeks ago, I inadvertently ran the battery down to zero charge, and am suspicious that maybe this caused a control issue. My hope is that there is a reset I can do to remedy this issue. I had an issue with Sync after the battery drain that was fixed by disconnecting the battery for a few hours. Do you know of a way to determine if there's a reset, or if there's a diagnostic mode I can use with the display/electronics?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

In most cases the problem you are having with passenger side temp control is caused by a failing blend door actuator . Any reset you could do would have reset when you disconnected the battery cable. The fix in 99% of all cases requires replacing the blend door actuator. If you need replacement steps I can provide them for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was really hoping there was an easier way. Yes, I would like to get the steps to replace the blend door actuator. Thanks!
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The good news is the RH side is fairly easy to access and replace. You can get to it through the glove box opening. See the factory steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/RH%20blend%20dec%2026.pdf

Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.