James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

My 2008 ford f-350. the codes says the fuel rail/system

Customer Question

Customer: my 2008 ford f-350 . the codes says the fuel rail/system pressure is too high. how do I ajust the pressure?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it was running okay and then it just started jerking every once in a while
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, is the code you are getting P0088?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already knew the code. I wanted to know if there was some way to adjust the pressure or have to replace the sensor?
Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Im aware you know the code but I don't know which code you are talking about. There is no way to adjust fuel pressure on this vehicle. There are two ways to repair this concern. One is to update the PCM which changes the parameters that the sensors work at. If the PCM update doesn't correct the concern the only other repair is to replace the HPFP. The high pressure fuel pump is a complete assembly and the sensors on it can't be replaced separately. 98% of the time the high pressure fuel pump needs to be replaced to correct this concern.

Expert:  James replied 1 year ago.

Hello, were you able to fix your concern.