HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My name is ***** *****. My wife has a very clean 1990

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. My wife has a very clean 1990 Thunderbird LX. I'm looking for the A/C compressor fuse location. The original A/C compressor recently froze up. I installed a new Motorcraft unit. When I check the wires that connect to it I get no power in the test light.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm thinking that the original compressor probably blew the fuse when it froze up. I'd like to know where the A/C compressor fuse is located. I've looked in the power distribution box but found no fuse or fusible link labeled for the A/C
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes, if it's on a secure link that protechs my information
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Give me one minute I have to pull up an old dvd

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Ok the ac system fuse for the compressor control comes from the 15 amp RUN fuse in the primary junction block/interior fuse panel. It runs from the fuse panel thru the climate control panel and supplies power to the ac low pressure switch on the accumulator. Test for power at the accumulator. One side should be hot, jump the two wire connector if it is hot thru the fuse and the compressor should come on.If it does and the system is full of freon the low cycling switch on the accumulator is bad. If it doesnt have power, need to backtrack the circuit if the fuse was good.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

just checking to see if you need more help they question is open until it is rated