Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Replaced clutch,p.plate,.&bearing,94 ranger,I thought had

Customer Question

Replaced clutch,p.plate,slave.&bearing,94 ranger,I thought slave had been pre filled&bled,from O'Reilly,wrong.I have truck..back together,have not done any more,what can I do at this point
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

You can bleed the system with the bleeder screw coming out of the slave just like you would do brakes. There is a easier and better way if you have a hand vacuum pump. You remove the reservoir cap, and place a large plastic washer (liquid detergent bottle cut up) over it so you can pull a vacuum on the system. Under vacuum pump the pedal rapid full stroke 12 times then release the vacuum and pump it 12 more times. Do this about 3 cycles to bleed the air out.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been told the ranger is impossible to bled like this because of design from master to slave,have you bled a ranger successfully this way?if not,i've gained nothing.I know there's a blender on slave,if that's your best&you haven't actually done one,I've been robbed,lol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No disrespect meant,but think for amount of money you have charged me,to get answered back with (blender on slave)if you have actually done a ranger I apologize

I gave you 2 methods of bleeding this clutch system. Which one are you saying is not successful?

Yes I have bleed a Ranger. maybe 400-500 of them. About 3000-4000 total vehicles. I am a Ford transmission tech.

Ford recommends the bleeder screw method. I prefer the vacuum method I mentioned.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris