Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Typing up the problem now.
, yes; stand by - typing it

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****; typing up the problem now.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes; stand by - typing it up
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was installing “LED running lights” and turn signal LED to the front side face of my power mirrors on my 2013 Ford F150 platinum; Right side works fine. Left side does not work. I have the mirror disassembled now and disconnected the new items I added. They are installed by clipping together the wires from the LED to the wires if the rear facing turn signal indicator at the bottom of the mirror. I tried using a line tester and it seems there is no power going to the line (the line that connects to rear facing turn signal indicator at the bottom of the mirror ) . I tested the circuit using the puddle light; when I open the door, the puddle light come on; I connected the one side of the jumper into the positive puddle light and put the other end into both the positive and negative side of the clip that goes into the aforementioned turnsignal light on the mirror; circuit tester lights up both times. Fuse #47 is fine (right side works anyway, so it is not the fuse).
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Do you have my question?
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

You are wanting to add lights that come on with the park lights and headlights, correct?

You are wanting to tie them into the puddle lamps that come on with the door open and into the turn signal, that is the part I am confused on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Chris, No, I was tying them into the turn signal that currently exist on the mirror (see the pictures - pic 3 is the mirror disassemble, upside down with the current turn signal at the top of the mirror). For some reason, now, there is no power to the turn signal coming from the truck, and they are inoperative (picture 1 shows the rear of the existing turn signal and the wires that are supposed to connect into it- the green wire going into the white clip is the one no longer getting power from the truck). The only reason I mentioned the puddle light, is that I used that to check the feed to the mirror turn signal wires. I checked it by touching the positive puddle light to the both the positive and negative feed to the turn signal wiring. Both times the circuit tester lit up. When I checked the pos and neg wiring using the puddle circuit ground, nothing. The idea is to hook up the LED to this existing turn signal wiring is that the LED lights I am adding will blink when the existing ones will. I do not know how to make the truck again power the existing turn signal wiring - that is what I need to do. Picture 2 is the right side mirror and the LED works on that side - the LED is behind the reflector.
Doing research, the cause may be the Ford computer system is not sending (called BCA?) and the advice was to disconnect the battery and drain the computer memory. Do not want to do that. I checked the fuse - it is good (and the right side works anyway) so it is not the fuse. That I can tell there is no relay as the computer does this function. Is this correct?

Thanks, ***** ***** issue is the drivers mirror blinker not working.

Below are the diagrams.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/divermirror.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/pin9.png

We need to check the signal out at the BCM, if there is no pulsing power signal out there either. Then you do need to try a reset by removing the battery cables and holding them together for one minute. If that fails then the BCM has failed from a wiring issue during your light add/change.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris