Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have a 03 f250 that the 4x4 light doesnt come when you

Customer Question

Customer: i have a 03 f250 that the 4x4 light doesnt come when you even start the truck
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the vac pump is working all fusees are good but no power to fuse #31 transfer case module dosent work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

Check the relays. They are in their own box next to the power distribution box under the hood. Verify that you have power going through them when you are moving the switch. This will help determine if the issue is the relays or if the issue is in the cab with a fault with the switch or the GEM module.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I saw your response on the other. It got closed since it is a duplicate of this to save you from double charging.

If you have power going through the relays, then the issue is between the relay and the transfer case module. If you have no power reaching that shift motor, then you will have to trace that harness and find where the break, rubbed through wire, etc is.

If you look on the diagram I am attaching, you will see that the motor gets it power direct from the relays and the module direct from the fuse. If both of these areas are good, then the issue will be in the wiring to them.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I saw tou gave the rating on the other question, but it was closed since it was a duplicate. If possible, if you still choose to rate, can you rate this one so the other can be finalized? it is to keep you from being double charged on your account.

Thanks.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?