HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

This is the 2nd time I have had to have my car towed in

Customer Question

This is the 2nd time I have had to have my car towed in for a repair on the same problem. First time My car would die out on me and I could onlyh drive a few feet and have to start again and finallyh it just stopped altogether. I paid 99.00 to get it fixed. Problem, they found water at PCM connection. 3 months later same problem. They found water at PCM connection again. Water was coming in from rusty body seams. They had toremove wiper transmission and seal all ;body seams. Cost this time 201.05. I feel this is a problem that Ford Motor company should pay for. My car is 2004 ford freestar limited. Milage 118,947. vin is 2fmda58294ba14948. 2 or 3 mechanics have told me that this is a problem with the 2004 freestar. please advise if you could refund me the 300.00. thank you Ms. Bobbie Money
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, yes there is a Technical Service Bulletin Im attaching that addresses this concern but it is not a Recall. Ford typically only offers reimbursement for recall type repairs if paid out of pocket but you can try contacting Ford Customer Assistance and see if they offer you reimbursement for the repair

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?