HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My 2012 ford explorer cannot move the steering is stiff and

Customer Question

Hi....my 2012 ford explorer cannot move the steering is stiff and it reads power steering needs service and advance trac needs service...says advance Trac off
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, from your description it sounds like a failure of the electronic steering rack in the vehicle. When the rack has a failure, it will turn disable the advance trac system and loose power steering. You can inspect the wiring to the steering rack to make sure nothing is damaged. Typically it will set a U3003 code saying there is no communication with the EPAS Module which is part of the electronic steering rack. It would need to be replaced and the EPAS Module needs to be reprogrammed to the vehicle and a wheel alignment performed to recenter the steering wheel

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you need more help?