roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

2007 explorer dual zone climate control. Pass side only.

Customer Question

2007 explorer dual zone climate control. Pass side only. when using AC will blow cold for a while then go warmer. When using heat will blow same temp as drivers side for a while then cooler. Does the same whether dual on or off. Does the same whether set to auto or manual. Works fine for a while then starts changing temp down then back to normal.
Can hear what I think is damper door making a noise as it opens and closes causing temp to change. I don't think it is damper motor or gears as it works fine part of the time. Where is temp sensor for passenger side?
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

there is a blend door motor on each side. it sounds like the passeneger side is failing especially when you hear the gears. it is a very common failure. you can get it at a parts store and install it yourself.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

how are you making out

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

thanks. please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 11 months ago.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy