Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

Is there a charge advice? ***** *****
, well 1999 7.3,

Customer Question

Customer: is there a charge for your advice? ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: well 1999 7.3, had injector go bad ,so replace all 8 with new glow plugs, runs fine but SES light keeps going on and off at varied rpm throttle pressure while driving
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** i will assist you.

Have you pulled any codes on the vehicle to determine why you have the light? Usually when the light is coming on and off at varied throttle responses, the ICP is reding a low oil pressure. Pulling the codes will narrow it down for certain. Autozone has code readers and can pull codes for free if you don't have one available.

If I can get the code, I can narrow it down. Without it, my best guess is there is a seal leak around one of the injectors or on the rail, possibly a bad IPR causing the issue. The other issue is a bad CMP. When it starts to go bad and the engine spins faster, it will cause this as well. Again, pulling codes will narrow it down for sure though.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy