Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2005 ford f150 4.2 replaced engine every thing hook

Customer Question

hello i have a 2005 ford f150 4.2 replaced engine every thing hook up wont start has spark 45lbs fuel pressure pulse no start
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for you question,

If you are sure you have good spark as well as proper fuel pressure and injector pulse what kind of compression do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
150 on all
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay if you have good spark to the spark plugs, proper fuel pressure, injector pulse and good compression there really is no reason why it should not start. Are the spark plugs fuel fouled by chance?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
dry as abone
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if you squit carb fluid runs fine
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Thats seems a bit odd dont you think? If the injectors are firing there should be some signs of fuel on the spark plugs right? Are you sure the injector are firing and you have good fuel pressure?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
noid lights when cranking
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Well just for the hell of it, why dont you pull up the injector rail and carefully crank it over and see if the injectors are actually spraying.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ill pull plunium and check ill get back to you in a bit
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

If you are sure you have all the other thing. ie, spark, fuel pressure, injector pulse and good compression thats the only thing that dose not make sense. Check it and let me know the results and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
not spraying
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

So are you sure you have good fuel pressure to the rail?

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

It would be very unlikely all the injectors are bad.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no pressure at all now
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

That would sure explain the lack of fuel out of the injectors. Are you hearing the fuel pump cycle on when you turn the key on and off?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
got pressure reset inercia swicth still no spay out injectors
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Okay are you sure you have injector pulse?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have injector pulse
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Well if you have good fuel pressure and injector pulse the injector should be spraying. Are you sure they are not?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Had fuel had injector pulse had spark injector not spaying. Checked with guy that put motor in and got injector from old engine and swapped them. Fired right up. Thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

That would sure do it. Glad to hear you got it resolved and thank you as well. Please take a moment to rate my service so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.