rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Changed the module on my atc 2005 f350 because it would only

Customer Question

Customer: changed the module on my atc 2005 f350 because it would only blow on high and now the blower does not work at all.... Stan
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: fuses are good
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes if you can hang in there with me while I do the tsting
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
made the deposit
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be right back, give me 15 min, please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please email me diagnostic answers
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The module needs to be flashed with a scan tool in order for it to function to your vehicles VIN. Most shops including the dealer can do this task for you.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just came from a dealership and they said no scanning necessary...............
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

It's not scanning, it's a flashing, big difference.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you mean? The dealership had no idea of what you are talking about........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he asked if my module had fins on it and I said yes, so he concluded no need for such work
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

The dealer doesn't know what flashing /configuring is? I'd go somewhere else then.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you still need more help.