Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2010 f150 that has a rough idle no throttle

Customer Question

Hello my name is***** have a 2010 f150 that has a rough idle no throttle response stalls and backfires out the intake. I tested the tp sensor and it tested bad so I went to the auto store and ordered a new throttle body since the tp sensor can't be changed otherwise. I installed the throttle body and it's doing the same thing what else could it be. It starts right up but the idle goes to 1500 rpm down to 400 rpm a few times and stalls when I hit the gas it hesitates then revs up too 4000rpm I'm lost. Please give some insight
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi. From what you describe it does sounds like a throttle body concern. But a Mass Air Flow sensor can cause that as well. Have you tried disconnecting the MAF sensor and see how the truck runs?