rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

02 merc sable... No dash or tail lights. GEM ???

Customer Question

02 merc sable... No dash or tail lights. GEM ??? PLEASE..help me. My tech called in sick for the week and. I'm by myself. My salvage yard has a couple of taurus' and sables. What should I pull? It's a good customers car and he needs it for Christmas... THANKS so very much... George (Route 66 Auto)
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

Hi possibility that it's the GEM, and it can be tested bi-directionally with a scan tool too. As long as all your wiring is good for power and ground, it may be the GEM.

Thanks, Ron