cloe0626
cloe0626, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  was a mechanic in the army for four years and have been working at a dealer ship the past five years
74954164

1996 ford bronco 5.8 no spark at coil.
, no pulse a

Customer Question

Customer: 1996 ford bronco 5.8 no spark at coil.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: no pulse a coil
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I paid the charge!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is tis a rip off!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
come on answer the question!!!!!
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 11 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** will be helping you to day

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do i get the coil to spark

Buy a little 12 volt tester for a couple of dollars. It should look like a sharp pointed screwdriver with one wire coming from it with a clip on the end.

You want to make sure you are getting 12 volts going TO your ignition coil. Clip the clip onto a bare chassis part and with the ignition turned on, touch the tip of the tester to the bare end of the wire going to the coil. If the test light goes on, you have power so the only other problem would be an improperly grounded coil.

If the test light does not go on, follow the 12 volt coil wire back to its source and check for power there. If you have power there, the problem is with the wire feeding the coil or its connections.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
coil has power.