Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police is showing an Engine Code

Customer Question

My 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Police is showing an Engine Code P0645, I replaced the relay in the battery fuse box. What wires should be checked for short circuits? The a/c pump worked fine all summer.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Code P0645 suggests that the PCM has detected that it cannot electrically control the A/C clutch relay through the Orange/Light Blue (OG/LB) wire that runs between the relay and PCM pin 25 of the C175b connector. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below which will help you determine the cause. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. Have a look and post back if you have more questions and or need more help.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/AC%20relay%20Dec%2022.pdf