Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician
3195632

2008 ford escape hybrid runs perfectly until you try and

Customer Question

2008 ford escape hybrid runs perfectly until you try and start it dealer cannot find what is wrong
Category: Ford
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

I am a bit confused by the wording of your question. If it doesnt start I dont see how it can run perfectly. Or does it start fine and run fine until it is warmed up and shut off and then doesnt start when hot, or hard to start when warmed up.

Please remember that I am not there and rely on you for clear, concise and detailed information. Please explain what you mean by your statement on running perfectly until you try to start it

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
twice in a month I have driven between 1 and 2 hundred miles in my 2008 ford escape hybrid I have had little to no problems with the car until now.
after driving to my destination upon trying to return the car will not start all bells, whistles and lights work but the car will not turn over and the dealer can't diagnose the problem.
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

Ok, when it was at the dealer, was it not turning over, or was it starting normally?

The 2 times it did not turn over, how did you eventually get it to start?