Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

I have nocab lights on dash lights or tail lights what might

Customer Question

I have nocab lights on dash lights or tail lights what might be the problem I was told it could be a switch but after reading I'm confusedThis is the 2004 35O 6.0
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you.

First, I would check the fuses before the switch. Most likely you have a fuse blown. Check them in the cab wit ha test light touching each pin. If one doesn't light the light, then you know that fuse is bad.

If all the fuses test good, let me know if you are comfortable taking the dash apart to test the light switch with a digital multimeter.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see,
touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback,
they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
See no bad fues checked with test lite which fuse is it that runs this
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

Check fuses 17, 18, and 38.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

Turn signal relay is on the right, behind the brake controller, behind the dash. You will find 2 relays there. One is the flasher, the other is the battery drain prevention/accessory delay relay. You'll want the one on the left, towards the driver side. That is the flasher relay.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this in cab or under hood ?
Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

In the cab.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

ignore the turn signal. That was supposed to post to another question. Not sure why it ended up here.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

if those fuses are good, then move to the switch.

It won;t be a ground because all the lights have their own grounds. All the lights though, they work off the fuse, then the switch for power. So if the fuses are good, then most likely the switch is the culprit.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 11 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as a open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?