HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

My 2003 Ford windstar will not go into gh gear have changed

Customer Question

my 2003 Ford windstar will not go into high gear have changed the filter it will pull off and change into second but will not change into high gear sound like it's in neutural
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, how tdid the trans fluid look did it look burnt or smell real bad, any debris in the pan? Any waning lights on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was low but did not smell burnt
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why is it taking so long
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, im here, sorry for the delay, having isues with the site locking the question to respond. A diagnostic check for cods should be done with a scan tool to make sure there isnt any pending codes for a shift solenoid. More than likely going into netural for 3rd gear is a split or crack in the aluminum direct clutch piston so it is loosing hydraulic pressure to apply the diect clutch for 3rd and 4th gears. A line pressure test would verify a loss of pressure.This would mean either a trans overhaul or replacement would be needed to correct this concern