Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2002 ford expedition with 175 000 miles, i recently

Customer Question

i have a 2002 ford expedition with 175 000 miles , i recently changed plugs new coils, new fuel filter,air cleaner ,pvc and serpentine all 500 miles ago, it ran great but muffler was blown so i took it in for a new one,pulled it out of shop it ran great , quiet like a new truck. Later that night i noticed the theft light faintly come on while driving at night , very intermittent with no pattern, on a sec then off,over the next 100 miles it appears as if it comes on more often and a slight miss ,shutter while accelerating or going down road with cruise ,like a buck momentarily . I have read so much about this with no real answer, one post said to check battery and alternator as its a power issue to computer, i cleaned battery terminals and checked load test battery good and alternator 14.5 when running ,also swapped relay for computer, help
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Ford says the theft system can not effect a running engine, it can only prevent starting. Since it is effecting your engine, my first choice would be to check all the powers and grounds and connector pins to the PCM to see if any show resistance. If okay, I would next replace and program the PCM.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris