EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

My new 2016's Speedometer quit working with 614 miles on it

Customer Question

Hey,
My new 2016's Speedometer quit working with 614 miles on it lol...The abs lit up and anti skid in orange. There is a message that says Hill Start Assist is not available...what ever that means and it does not keep track of the miles per gallon and other things...What went wrong?
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I work at the dealer and have not seen this issue on the new Escapes. But for all that stuff to quit working it seems to me something has failed with the abs. Possibly a sensor was loose, or is damaged. These vehicles are too new to see any common concerns. Even a mouse chewing on a wire can cause a problem like that. I assume you should have plenty of warranty left, and plan on bringing it to the dealer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was just curious what it was...Thanks
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome. Thank you and have a great Holiday!

Expert:  EricFromCT replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my service and let me know if you have any more questions.