EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Dewey ,I charged the battery I have no power to anything but

Customer Question

Customer: dewey ,I charged the battery I have no power to anything but while charging parking lights are on dim
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i think the alt is bad when jumped the car will die when cables are taken off but when i charge the battery to full charge it wont turn over or anything
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 11 months ago.

Hi. You may have an alternator problem as well, but it really sounds like to me that your battery probably has a dead cell in it and is no good. I really think you need to start with replacing it and then checking the charging output of the alternator. Please let me know of your further questions. Thanks.