Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician
Experience:  35 years ASE Master Tech, Diagnostic , Electrical Specialist
13677702

Cam sync alignement
, I just installed a new engine and

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** cam sync alignement
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I just installed a new engine and can not figure out the timing for the cam sensor its a 99 ford ranger 2wd 3.0 auto trans
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I also do not have the special install tool for the syncro
Expert:  Randall C replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Some of the 3.0 did not have the timing marks on the balancer, Before I send info, can you tell me if you have these marks? here is a link to a picture

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have marks

ok, you will need to pull #1 plug, put finger in the holes, tap engine till puff of air, stop tapping then turn engine the last little bit to bring the timing marks to TDC , after that follow directions in this attachment link