Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

My f250 turn signal not working
, 2005 f250 diesel 4x4

Customer Question

Customer: my f250 turn signal not working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2005 f250 diesel 4x4 fuse blown
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: if it solve my problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have disabled the vac pump and disconnect heated seat and mirror.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Send to Dealer. They can't find anything either.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Which fuse number was blown, and does it blow once replaced, if so at what time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is #27 I believe 4X4 in the manual. not blow right away.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
after driving a little

We are only permitted to help diagnose one system per question. Are you wanting me to help with the fuse that is failing or the turn signals not working?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
turn signal is the problem
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have try with dealer and other Mechanics. I will pay if you can solve my problem.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
4x4 and turn signal share the same fuse. you should know it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have disconnect the vac pump for 4x4 system. So don't give it as advise. I can try other things. I will pay you if it works.

After replacing the fuse, do the turn signals then work briefly and when shifted to 4 high does the 4 high light come on?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I never use 4x4.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I disconnect the vac pump and the switch.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I suspect it may related to the break but not sure. I will try to test by not turn while press break.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is it possible?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the signal sometime work the entire trip.

I am going to need you to remove some wire from connectors at the fuse box, is that something you can do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
sure
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
but it is too later and cold outside. Let me know what you want me to try. I will do it in the morning.

Whenever is no problem.

Below are 2 links showing this circuit.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/MM.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/GG.pdf

Below is a fuse box image showing the connectors.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/CJB.pdf

Below are the 2 connectors to unplug, then remove the wires I highlighted.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/270J.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/270H.png

Then try a new fuse, let me know the results, this will rule out alot of the circuit so we can narrow down what is to blame and not to blame.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how to take the pin out without damage it. is there a tool I can buy?

The connector have a guard that locks the pins in place. use a pick to remove that, then use the pick again to unlock the pin so it can be slid out the back of the connector.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there a video to show how?

Ford does not have videos, there may be some on you tube like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFM-6ovP_-k

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The link is no longer valid. I just got the tool to take the pin out.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you post the link again?

The links auto expire when there is not a rating. Once you rate the post, reply here and I will upload them again for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not tried anything. How do I give you a rating?

There is a rating screen on your view of this dialog. That is how you rate an answer. I have to pay hundreds of $'s to have access to the repair guides and have to pay each time I download and upload a link. So far I am in the hole trying to help on this concern and will be farther in the hole if I download more links. I have to be compensated by rating before I spend more money.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Then you should tell me I need to download it and save. I thought it will be always available to me. If it is going to be a burden to you, I will see if I have it in my other computer. I remember the #14 you want me to disconnect.

All you have to do is rate, it does not cost you anything. You have already paid the website. They do not pay me from your deposit till you rate.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will pay if it works. I can't just pay without knowing it works. As soon as I pay you, you are not going to response to me.

You have already paid.

I always respond as you can see now. I have made nothing and am responding still.

I am going hunting though in a few minutes then some more CHRISTmas stuff and will be back online late tonight though.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will dispute if I already paid. I will go to my other house tonight and look for if I still have these doc open in my other computer. I don't want to give you a low rating if it works. You are pushing on it.

You can read in the terms of service how they charge to have access to the website. If you dispute the charge the post will close and you nor I can respond anymore. It is your choice. I can not pay more to get the same links back up, risking even more to lose. I am here to help people but I have to draw a line when I am spending more than I am making since I only make a portion of your deposit.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If the website did not deliver the good, I can always dispute. Let's don't go that far. I know you want get paid and I intend to pay if works. I also understand it take longer than normal to close the case. It is because I am not pro and it take time to get the tools and do it myself. If it costs you so much, so do nothing. I may find it tonight or order repair book myself online.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took out the #14 pink/blue. and take a chance took out the pink/blue from the other plug. The truck is still running. Let see if the turn signal works. Can I ask what feature we disconnect?

Connector J pin 14 light blue/pink removed disables the heated seat and heated mirror.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not working. It went bad 1st stop sign. I am in here still have the page open. I took the right wire for 270H #7 and 270J #14. Both Blue/Pink. What to do next?

Okay you an reconnect those wires, since those circuits are not to blame.

That leaves connector A pin 21 LB/PK as the only thing left on the circuit.

It powers the parking aid module, if you have sensors in the rear bumper, flasher relay, brake shift interlock, trailer tow battery charge relay.

Do you have parking aid?

Remove fuse 27, turn the key one position forward, are you able to shift to neutral and start the truck?

When it blew the fuse at the stop sign were you using the turn signals?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have parking aid. I am able to shift to neutral and start the truck. I was using the turn signal. That is how I know it blew.

If you do not use the turn signals, can you no longer get the fuse to fail?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It failed again without using the turn signal.

Dang, use the file below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/circuitdrop.png

Follow the air bag sliding contact wires down to the main harness behind the dash. Open the harness there to find these wires.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not capable to find Splice 206. Is there a simpler way like disconnect the trailer plug?

Disconnecting the circuits at the end will not disable the wiring, though your more than welcome to spend dome time trying that if you choose.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is there any reference picture for it?

Below is the link to the area it should be in.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/splice.png

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok. I will give a try. How do I know which one is to power the flasher relay? by wire color? I assume I need OHM test with the trailer connecter, is it right?

You can unplug each component on this circuit and OHM test the wires once the splice is taken apart to see which wires are which.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
how do I unplug. cut through?

A splice does not have a plug, the wires are soldered together, you have to cut them.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
cut two LB/PK wire. still no luck. When cut 1st wire, turn signal last about 20mi. When cut 2nd failed at 1st stop sign.

There should be one LB/PK wire joined to 4 others.

Since the turn signals still work, that circuit was apparently not cut.

What no longer works with these wires cut, the parking aid, trailer tow relay power, brake shift interlock?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think I did not cut the right wire. I find two individual wire. Can you describe again where to find it? behind the dash? inside?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
driver side or passenger side?

I posted a picture of it on

28 Dec 2015, 7:44 PM

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you did. But I need a bit more reference. I cut the wire under the hood at driver side. It is not one to four, I must look at the wrong location. Can you give out a bit more information to help me locate it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What is "air bag sliding contact wires"? Do I need to take the instrument cluster to reach it?

The sliding contact is between the steering wheel and steering column. You can take out the cluster or remove the panel under the instrument cluster.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
can you mark which one?

The picture is to close to tell. The harness your looking for is about 1 inch in diameter and runs driver to passenger side with a T connection where another harness is spliced into it around the steering column.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't see a one to 4 wire connection. Are you sure the location is right? are other point we can cut ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are we try to disconnect these three features?
the parking aid, trailer tow relay power, brake shift interlock
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do see three more LB/PK still connect to the fuse box after I disconnect the two mentioned above. show we try to disconnect them to test?

You can remove the fuse and see if these wires you have found are on this circuit. We are trying to disable as much of the circuit as possible in hopes to narrow it down to one component or a section of wiring. Based on your test drives, so far a component failure is not what this is looking like.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
if not component, what could it be?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you around Los Angeles, CA or know somebody around can help?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you don't know or not for sure. Please let me know so I can ask others. you are expert, right?

I am in TN

I believe its a wire that is chaffed and touching ground to blame. Which is what I am trying to help you find by finding out which sections of the circuit are not to blame.

There is no one else here except me that would want to tackle such a electrical issue, especially since you said the dealer could not fix it (in person)