James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have 2005 Lincoln Navigator with code 2292, the passenger

Customer Question

Customer: I have 2005 Lincoln Navigator with code 2292, the passenger pretensioner reads 2.3 ohms, the drivers pretensioner read 25.5 ohms resistance in the data screen on my Genysis reader, I also noticed the air bag mount resistance jumping from 30 to 40 ohms once in awhile. Both driver and passenger pretensioners ohm out at 0.2 ohms and when harness jumped read 0.1 ohms on the reader. I am thinking the drivers pretensioner is faulty but the air bag mount resistance has me concerned, any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The air bag light flashes a code 33, the vehicle was involved in a accident and deployed the passenger air bag which has been replaced. Is there any other info you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes and if I can fix this thing 28 bucks is cheap
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

You are correct. The B2292 means the driver side pretensoner is bad. It should read between 1.5 ohms and 3.5. It doesn't make sense why the driver side air bag is jumping around though. I would begin with the pretensioner. If the air bag light doesn't prove out I would retest for codes. I wouldn't replace the driver side air bag until you know the driver side tensioner is no longer an issue.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, can I still assist you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will continue with the repair this weekend and advise you then.
Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Thank you. Whenever you are done please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for assisting you.

Expert:  James replied 11 months ago.

Hello, were you able to correct your concern.