Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

08 mustang gt, wrench sign on my dash board and I have no

Customer Question

Customer: 08 mustang gt, wrench sign on my dash board and I have no throttle play but car runs fine
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: tried tuning it but no success
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yeah
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

The most common cause for this is the electronic throttle body. I would have it scanned for codes and if code(s)P2101 through P2112 are present then replace the throttle body and clear keep alive memory by disconnecting both battery terminals and touching them together for 5 seconds. If other codes present let me know and we can proceed from there.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Hello again,

If you need further assistance please feel free to reply and we can continue. Otherwise please take a moment to rate my answer as you see fit. After rating, the thread is still available should you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Kenny Z