Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2007 Expedition EL Limited that just started having

Customer Question

I have a 2007 Expedition EL Limited that just started having an issue shifting from Park into reverse. I was going to check the fluid level, but the manual says it does not have a dipstick and that you have to take to ford to check. Is there any other way I can check the fluid level ? Do you have any other ideas what it might be ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Hello, that depends on what model trans you have, if you post the 17 digit vin number I can tell you how to check it depending on the model, Should be a 6R60 or 6R80 depending on the production date and powertrain package

Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Is it a delayed engagement or difficulty moving the shifter?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
VIN - 1FMFK205X7LA44801 , it is difficulty moving the shifter. Once it goes into reverse it shifts fine and I am able to go into other gears
Expert:  HDGENE replied 11 months ago.

Ok doe the stop lamps work properly? The shift interlock mechanism must see an input from the stop lamp switch to allow the shifter to move out of park when depressing the brake pedal