Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My name 99 ranger 4.0engine ideals fine wont rev up have

Customer Question

Customer: my name tim 99 ranger 4.0engine ideals fine wont rev up have good fuel pressure was running fine tell tis happened unpluged maf sensor no change
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: u can drive to about 1500 rpm then starts loopen and acts like run out of fuel
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

Can you tell me the actual fuel pressure reading you are getting?

Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

I would start with making sure the furl pressure is with in specs. Normal pressure needs to be 32 to 45 PSI. I would also make sure there are no restrictions in the exhaust. Check these for me and post back with the results and we can work from there.