rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2014 Taurus awd makes nose when accelerating hard.cop car

Customer Question

2014 Taurus awd makes nose when accelerating hard.cop car thanks Brian
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It would help if you could describe the noise. Usually a transmission whine can be heard from those.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
clicking nose when accelerating hard Brian
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

That can be pinging from the engine then. I would monitor the KNOCK sensor with a scan tool to see if it is retarding the timing when the engine gets into a ping. This can also be due to bad gas.

Thanks, ***** ***** don't forget to rate me and keep this link for future reference in case we still need to chat about this later on. See attachment of how a good knock sensor looks with a scope.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tank,s the drive shaft was hitting the sway bar when eccelerating
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Good find, please don't forget to rate me too.

Thanks