Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a1998 b4000. the front hub stopped engaging. Vacuum

Customer Question

Customer: Hello I have a1998 b4000. the front hub stopped engaging. Vacuum air operated. ***** *****`t see any hoses broken or cracked (only a quick visual though)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hello Randy is my name. front hubs ***** *****`t engage which i switch from*****to four wheel drive
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: k
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

The problem you are having with the hubs not engaging can be caused by any one of the following,

• Pulse Vacuum Hublock (PVH) Solenoid
  • Pulse Vacuum Hublock (PVH) Solenoid Connector
  • Pulse Vacuum Hublock (PVH) Vacuum Line
  • Wheel Hub
    With the leaking hubs being a very common cause. In order to determine which has failed you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the test steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Hubs%20Dec%2018.pdf