rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a code in my 2003 f350 super duty 6.0 turbo diesel

Customer Question

I have a code in my 2003 f350 super duty 6.0 turbo diesel the code is p2703 and basically the truck seems like it disengages overdrive at higher rpms I changed the direct drive solenoid
Category: Ford
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

You're going to need to do some bi-directional testing of all the solenoids with a scan tool before we know where to go next. It's possible that it's an easy fix with a flash update too.

Thanks, Ron