HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

I was driving my 1995 ford explorer ***** ***** bauer

Customer Question

Customer: I was driving my 1995 ford explorer ***** ***** bauer edition and suddently the rpm indicator went up and the vehicle did a big jerk. No The vehicle will not shift into any gears.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can cycle through the gears with the shift lever but i do not feel the transmission actually shifting gears.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hello, it basically sounds like you had a a major transmission failure where it started to slip into neutral and a transmission componet inside the trans let loose. All you can do at this point is verify it is full of fluid and doesnt smell burnt, which it might since it appears to have a transmission failure, if its low on fluid an inspection for a transmission fluid leak would need to be done and a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool. But sounds like the trans is smoked

Expert:  HDGENE replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you need more help with this concern?