Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

This is still on-going from this question: But I have a new

Customer Question

Hi There. This is still on-going from this question: http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/a0199c61cdeb4b7aa676cf26f3d72029 But I have a new state. We ended up replacing all the coils and checked them with the same process. We also replaced the downstream
O2 sensors. All show good to go, and we are no longer getting the P0301 nor the P0302, however, now we are getting a P0352 AND the ODB2 reader shows 0 Volts and 0 % for the upstream O2 sensors now, which didn't before. What could be causing that??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Lets just address the codes you have before addressing sensor readings since the computer is not flagging any O2 sensor issues. Code 0352 on a 06 Expedition means there is a misfire most likely coil related on cylinder 2. Clear the code, move this coil to another and retest to see if the code comes back for the same cylinder. Does cylinder 2 actually misfire? Have you moved and or tested the injectors? Checked the compression?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We just change all 8 coils for new OEM ones and re-checked them all today. We can swap the one tomorrow and test the injector. We tried to do a compression test but we can't find the right fitting apparently Ford has a special one for this YMM. Can you tell us what it is? The car runs rough. Before we changed all 8 coils, we were consistently getting P0302 EVEN after we moved one of the coils around and 1 of the injectors I believe.

Ford does not state a special compression tool connector is needed. I have a kit that has about 10 different hoses and fittings and do not know which I have to use without it and this model in front of me. I am very confident though each brand kit has a different part number for the hose and fitting. Let me know the results of the compression and coil and injector swap. If no concerns are found and it remains on 2, then a oscilloscope is needed to check the PCM outputs to the coil and injector to see if the PCM is faulty.